How to Become CA? It is the most common question in the mind of aspirants with CA Classes as their aim after graduation. Chartered Accountant is one of the most highly qualified professionals in the accountancy world and the most sought-after career. For students who are willing to become Chartered Accountants after graduation, ICAI has implemented a direct entry scheme w.e.f. August 1, 2012. Under this scheme, graduate students can register themselves directly into the second level, intermediate level of the Chartered Accountancy course, skipping the first level, the Foundation level. Chartered Accountancy is becoming among the most popular courses after Bcom.
In this article, we have covered the details of how to become a CA after graduation, such as eligibility criteria, registration fees, articleship fees, procedures, etc.
Wondering How to Become a Chartered Accountant after graduation and what is the eligibility criteria? Graduate students can register for the intermediate level directly through the direct entry scheme. Below mentioned are the eligibility details-
- Commerce Graduates/PG with a minimum of 55% and graduates/PG in other fields with a minimum of 60% can register themself directly.
- Aspirants who have cleared the intermediate level of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or Institute of Companies Secretaries of India.
Registration Steps to Become CA-
To register for CA intermediate level through the direct entry scheme implemented by the ICAI, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Visit the official website of the ICAI, www.icai.org
- Scroll down and click on the “Self-Service Portal” tab. Now click on “First Time User (New Students)”.
- Enter all the details showing on the screen to register yourself, and then tap on “Generate OTP”. You will receive login credentials on your registered mobile number.
- Login in the SSP portal using the login credentials received. Click on the “Students” tab.
- Now, click on the button mentioning “Apply for intermediate level.” Fill in the mentioned details, upload documents, submit the form, and proceed to fee payment.
Your CA intermediate registration application will be submitted through a direct entry scheme to the nearby ICAI centre. Please note approval will take around 10-15 days to be approved.
CA registration fees for direct entry scheme-
Students enrolling in the intermediate level via the direct entry scheme have to register for CA intermediate in both groups.
|CA direct entry Fees
|Intermediate Both Groups
|Registration fee as articled assistant
CA Articleship training fees for direct entry scheme-
Candidates appearing for the Chartered Accountancy final level have to appear for articleship training before exams. They also have to do 04-weeks ICITSS training and 03 years of articleship.
|Integrated Course IT
CA Final Students Direct Entry Fees-
The fee for CA final students through direct entry for both groups is INR 22000.
The total fee for Chartered Accountancy course direct entry is INR 76200.
How to Become CA?
There are two ways to become a Chartered Accountant. One can pursue a Chartered Accountancy course right after class 12th, and the other way is to choose a direct entry scheme after graduation degree. If you are wondering how to become CA after graduation, then choose a direct entry route that gives CPT exemption. Below we have mentioned how to become a Chartered Accountant after the 12th and after graduation degree.
|CA Foundation/ CPT
|Direct Entry- CA Intermediate/IPCC
|09 months after IPCC exams
|09 months after articleship
|After clearing IPCC Group I
Chartered Accountancy aspirants can apply for Chartered Accountancy after graduation or can appear for the CA foundation exam too. It is one of the major reasons why graduate students are searching for How to Become Chartered Accountants after BCom or graduation. Candidates who cleared the eligibility criteria for the direct entry scheme can apply for IPCC exams and articleship training, and those who haven’t can opt for CPT level exams. The steps to Become a Chartered Accountant through direct entry are mentioned below-
- Enrol for both intermediate level groups.
- Do 100 hours of mandatory IT training and orientation course
- Apply for an articleship and do 09 months of compulsory practical training before the IPCC exams
- Give IPCC exams of both group
- Complete articleship, and give CA Final exam.
We have covered the Chartered Accountancy course via CA direct entry scheme after graduation details like eligibility, fees, steps to become a Chartered Accountant after graduation, etc. We hope this article will clear all your doubts and is helpful for you.
If you are planning for a career as a Chartered Accountant, it is important to take the best CA Foundation classes for better preparation. VSI Jaipur offers the best classes with students securing AIRs in all CA levels. For more information, contact the VSI Jaipur team.