This blog discusses how to open an MDF file without SQL Server in a smooth and hassle-free manner. Along with that, we will also discuss how you can open MDF file using a manual approach as well. So, let’s us get started with the article and see how you can accomplish the task.
MDF aka Master Database Files are the primary files of SQL Server for storing large amounts of database. This file stores all the data in relational databases including tables, rows, fields, columns, indexes, etc. Now that we know the core functioning of the files, let us move on and check out the methods onecan use to open them.
How to Open MDF Files?
- Using a manual approach to open file using SSMS
- Using an expert MDF file opener to open an MDF file without SQL Server.
Manual Approach to Opening MDF Files
This solution involves using SSMS [SQL Server Management Studio] to open an MDF file. Here is how to execute the procedure.
- Launch SSMS [SQL Server Management Studio] and click on Connect to connect to the SQL Server Instance. Upon doing so, you will see the SQL Server Instance.
- Next, head to Object Explorer, right-click on “Databases”, and click “Attach”.
- Now, in the Attach Databases Window, click Add.
- After doing that, locate the MDF File you want to open on your system and click OK.
- Lastly, click OK again and the databases will be attached.
And you are done with the manual procedure to open MDF files using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Unfortunately, there are many users who are not SQL users or know how to use SQL commands and functions. Consequently, they search for alternative solutions to open and access MDF files. And for that, we have brought you none other than the best tool to open MDF File.
How to Open an MDF File without SQL Server? The Expert Way
For a reliable MDF accessing process, technical professionals always recommend going for a automated utility. Moreover, countless technical professionals recommend their personal favorite SysTools MDF File Viewer to the users. The utility is undoubtedly the best among all other solutions available on the internet. It provides utmost reliability throughout the procedure which separates it from the rest. The Quick and Advacned scanning modes help users scan their MDF files thoroughly before previewing the data. It also comes with a dedicated preview panel which displays the contents of user-upoaded MDF file data upon scanning the files. The utility is also compatible with all versions of the SQL Server including both the latest and the older versions.
Steps to Open MDF File Using the Utility
- Download and launch the tool on your computer/laptop. Click on the Open button.
- In the Scan Mode window, manually select the SQL version of the MDF file or let the tool automatically detect and even enable the “preview deleted records” option if you wish to do so.
- Upon doing so, the software will start scanning the data of your uploaded MDF file while simultaneously providing you the details of the file as well.
- Once that is done, the utility will finally preview the contents of the uploaded MDF file in the dedicated panel.
And that is all for the automated procedure using the expert utility. As you can see, using the tool makes the entire process quick and hassle-free. Moreover, the automated method provides two different scanning mode to scan user-uploaded MDF files as well. Not only that, but the expert solution offers a myriad of benefits to its users as well; we have mentioned some of its most prominent features in the following segment.
Astonishing Features of the Software
- The utility is well proficient in opening an MDF file without SQL Server.
- Once user loads the MDF file in the software, the tool offers two scanning modes, Quick and Advanced.
- The tool provides thorough scanning for user-uploaded MDF files.
- Users get the option to either manually select the SQL version of the MDF file or let the tool automatically detect it.
- The utility is compatible with all SQL Server version including the latest SQL Server 2019.
So There You Have It
In this article, we discussed how to open an MDF file without SQL Server. Along with that, we also shared how you can manually open MDF Files using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is you are familiar with it. Unfortunately, not many users are familiar with the SSMS method. Hence, according to technical professionals, the above-mentioned professional utility is the best option to open an MDF file without SQL Server in a smooth and efficient manner.
Read More: Learn to Free PDF Download